Friday, July 18, 2014

Latest Finish and a Winner!!

Hi!  It's Friday!  Yay!  I had planned this post for yesterday, but Random had picked another Island Batiks Ambassador for a winner, and she said I should pick another winner.  So, the new name has been picked, and I've contacted them.  

So, first, photos of the FQ bundle I chose as the prize.  These beauties are from the Sangria and Plum Wine bundles I received.  


The green and purple leaf print is stunning!

I also love the other light print, and the gold with the painted gold stars. 
The colors are so rich and deep!  I hope the winner has fun creating something from this! 

My latest finish was a custom order.  She liked the Hexagon Flower table runner in my Etsy shop, but wanted something longer, in different colors, with matching place mats.  Although these are batiks, they may not be from Island Batiks.  I can tell the difference in the base fabrics.  Since batiks don't have a selvage with printed information, it's difficult to say unless you tag them before they go into your stash.  I may begin doing that, although the Island Batik Ambassador bundles are in a separate bin.  

So, here's the new Flower Power runner.  I must say I like how it came out, and really appreciated the additional info I got from Sue at Quilt In A Day.  This is a great pattern!



I used the blue binding on the runner, and switched to the burgundy fabric for the binding on the placemats.  The runner measures 58 by 15" and the place mats are 15 by 17".  I hope she loves them!  They are on their way to Wisconsin now.  

I picked 4 colors of Aurifil Mako 50wt for quilting, from left to right, 2123, 4030, 2275, and 4653.  I love having an assortment of great thread.  It makes it so easy and fun to do what I do!  

I especially enjoyed making the green hexagons look like leaves between the flowers. 
The green variegated really added to the visual appeal!  


More finishes in another post!  Thanks for stopping by!  

1 comment:

QuiltinWayne said...

Real Pretty Maryellen. .
Thanks and a BIG Hug to you..