Tuesday, May 13, 2014

To Market, To Market to Buy A Fat...

Quarter Bundle!!

International Quilt Market is about to happen, in Pittsburgh, PA.  I SEW wish I could be there.  My dream is to be able to attend one year.  Market is for vendors and store owners.  You need credentials to attend.  I'm an Island Batiks Ambassador, and could get credentials to help in their booth, with set up.  Maybe in October, when I have more of the Island Batik quilts I have in the works finished.  But, Pittsburgh is only about 6 hours drive from here, and Houston, in October is an airplane flight.  Hmmm.  Maybe I'll crash Pittsburgh?? lol

Part of my "job" as ambassador for Island Batiks is to share what I have and what I plan to do with it.
I've been petting these pretties for a while now.  I finally decided what I wanted to do.

This bundle is called Sangria, and you can see more of it at Quilt Market.

This bundle is called Plum Wine.  I love the fireflies on the top left print, and the green is pretty.

I plan to use some of each of these collections in the Mystery Quilt that Eleanor Burns has recently designed.  We're on Month 5, and the quilt has been revealed.  I've always wanted to do a Feathered Star, and the other star blocks surrounding this are awesome.  I need to come up with some background fabric to go with the Island Batik prints I'm planning to use.  I think the two on the right side may work,


This photo was taken on my cutting table, with the sun shining through.  I also put a table outside to take the Plum Wine photo.  When I looked up as I was taking that photo, I saw this.


I was just feet away from a deer enjoying her dinner.  And Hazel, my chocolate lab mix, was out with me, but she must not have noticed.  She went off into the back yard,  I called her in, and put her inside while I finished the photos.  I love where I live.  And I can't wait to play with these stunning Island Batiks fabrics.

On another note, I finished the 30 blocks for the Hunter's Star quilt, also using Island Batiks.  I need to iron them, and then I'll play with the layout.  I'm excited about that quilt, too.  I love making stars!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: