Wednesday, February 20, 2013

This Week's Project

Want a look at my design wall?? 

I am using the Vivienne Collection from Timeless Treasures, in blues and yellows to make the new Hole In The Wall Quilt from Quilt In A Day. 

The photo was taken to show the placement to some friends, so I can get different opinions on placement. I love technology!  I mentor Sit and Sew at Enright's (http://enrightsfabric.com/) on Thursdays, and love asking Bernie and Sue for their opinion.  Sometimes the extra eyes notice something, or suggest better color placement.  They are both wonderful with colors!  Paul loves to give opinions, too. 

But this time, I wanted to get the top together before Thursday, so I can pin baste the layers and quilt it over the weekend 


 
The top will be finished tonight, and I will decide tomorrow if I want to add a border.  The quilt will be a really nice lap size, and it's much prettier in person.  It's a very smart idea to take photos of quilts as you go, though.  You can check the placement, check for errors (they show up better in photos than in real life! ) and sharing by text or email is a great way to get the opinions you need on days you can't sew with friends. 
 
That wall space is in my laundry room, which is next to my sewing area.  That plug on the wall is for the iron.  The washer and dryer are directly to the left, with just walking space between the and the wall.  It's tight, but a great place to tack a really cheap flannel backed vinyl tablecloth, and place the blocks.  It works!  It's not perfect, because you really can't step back and see the whole wall, but it's better than laying it on the floor. Taking a picture helps, but again, it's tricky to get a whole quilt this size into a camera frame.  The design wall at Sit and Sew is much better!  Sometimes I actually plan what to make when, just so I can play on that wall! 
 
I'm linking this post up with the Quiltsy Blog Work in Progress.  There is a link on the right for that, and for my store.  This will be listed soon!  Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

thebutterflyquilter said...

Love your color choices. Can't wait to see it all finished!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Beautiful! I really like that pattern and the colors you have chosen!