Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 FMQ Challenge Wrap Up



This shows the evidence of my 12 monthly entries into the SewCal Gal's FMQ challenge.  I learned so much over the last 12 months, and can honestly say I have new designs that come easily, and I'm working on many others.  I love playing with designs, and loved the different suggestions all the teachers had.  It was a great experience, and I'm so grateful to SewCal Gal, the teachers, and sponsors for all their effort.  I have used some of these designs to finish quilts, and plan to use others, or adapt the ideas.  I played with fabric and batting, and thread.  The following pictures show 11 practice samples and one completed quilt. 


January Leaves





February Feathers




March's loopy meander


April's Transfer stencil


May's Railroad Tracks and Double Stipple

 



June's Hum Purr


July's Tiles


August Jester Hats


Paula Reed's Stencil for September

October's Name

November's Swirls

And December's borders with Patsy Thompson.  

All 12 posts were originally publised in my blog, according to the month, and entered in all monthly official SewCal Gal Blog posts.  Thanks again!
 

2 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Congratulations on completing the 12 challenges! Beautiful samples!
Happy New Year.

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations Maryellen. You did a great job!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com